Tuesday 11 October 2016

GIRL - CHILD ARE USELESS ? ? By Wale Ojo Lanre

GIRL - CHILD ARE USELESS ? ?
By Wale Ojo Lanre
Do you mean girls are Useless ?
Count me out
I was just like you before
I hate to have girls
I never prayed for females as children
Don't blame me
Blame the chauvinistic nature of our society
Blame the primitive thinking that of AROLE
The thinking of who perpetuates the family Tree
Believing that only a MALE child is It
I swore never to praise God if he dashed me
A female child
Yes
But as I grow up
I calmed down to watch Anti MOPE
Who would , no matter what, still managed
To send foods items , clothing and bottles of whisky to her father
The late Eshinmo John Fowowe in Usi and Iya Oniru
All the way from Ede of Osun Division
She was also the one who knew that Eye Bebe ( my paternal grandma ) would be in need of some items
My father's concern was work , money and comfort of
the immediate family
While that of Eye bebe is secondarily
But Mope will not have that
And when I became matured , employed and unmarried
My father fell ill
Admitted at Federal Medical Centre , Abeokuta
I was duly informed of his predicament
And like a good boy , pulled a call through and assured
I would be there but I had to attend to my job
However , immediately , my sister Anti Funmi
Who then was with the
Late Tai Solarin @ Mayflower Junior school, Ikenne was informed
She quickly obtained permission from Sheila Solarin and relocated
To the Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta with pot of soup, provisions and all and all .
I think I got there two days after
And my father told me what my sister did
How she got came with a lot of items and empathy
He asked me to commend her spirit
He told me how useful female children are
After spending some hours
I had to leave for Ibadan for I have a deadline to meet
All what I did was to support Anti Funmi with few naira
And I left for Ibadan
My father spent Two weeks at FMC , Abeokuta
I did not keep a night
But the females did
I only reinforced their finance
And when he was celebrating his 70th
At SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church ,Lantoro Abeokuta
The girls were there with their geles with their friends
Moyo was there too
I was there , but the acts and deeds of the girls were more noticeable
I think about the finance most of the time ,
While the girls think of empathy, emotion, affection and presence
And at 74 , when he was struck by cancer
And had to be admitted
At Continental Medical Centre , Ibadan
The ladies played the NURSE !
I remember my daughter, Bukky staying by her bed for 8 weeks
And when he died
And the present catholic Bishop of lagos had to travel all the way to Usi for his burial
The girls wept more and more and more
SALUTE TO THE GIRLS
I BOW AND RESPECT YOU ALL
HAPPY GIRLS DAY
MI A SEHIN ( Usi dialect , i will forever respect you women or girls )

No comments:

Post a Comment