Monday 28 October 2019

Afe Babalola selfish on Ekiti Airport project! By Wale Ojo - Lanre

Is it for Afe Babalola?
( A post by Wale Ojo - Lanre in June 2016 supporting the planting of an Airport in Ekiti State )
I AM SAD! Ekiti matter on my mind
Do you want me to be happy? No
I am not happy at all
And I am not
They are my friends
24 of them
Arrived Nigeria
From Trinidad and Tobago
Not so rugged people
Visited Badagry
Spent 5 days
Spent quite much money there
 in hotels and bought a lot of Souvenirs
They were in Lagos
Love to visit  Ekiti State
visit the land of pounded yam
See Ire where Ogun God of Iron descended into the earth crust
Ikogosi on their mind
Arinta Waterfall, Ipole floor  on the list
Erio, the new Jerusalem was there
Usi, where the first Catholic Mass was held in 1913
Okutagbokutaleri in Ado included
Igede Stream, the Source of Osun River
Ero dam, the third-largest man-made a dam in Nigeria
But they cannot venture into Ekiti land
The trip from Badagry to Ekiti
The traffic chaos all the route to Ife
( Badagry -Mile 2, Lagos - Ibadan, Iwo road - ife )
Just because they want to visit a great land
Don't you have an Airport in Ekiti?  They asked
No, we have one in Akure?
I mean in Ado Ekiti, the capital city of your state?
No, we don't? I responded
They checked the flight routes to Akure
The Arik flight is not there!
'Sorry, we cannot make it to your state!
Your state is a paragon of tourism
You need an airport no matter the dimension
It is because of the need
Not for fanciful sake "
So my state was edged out from the dollar rain
They are just one group
And I was thrown into sadness
That my people
always allow politics, sentiment and individualism
To affect the decision on common interest
I remember when Chief Segun Oni was the Governor of the state
The Airport would have been constructed
But the then Minister wanted it in his town
which is not geographically suitable for it
then it meant to promote a certain huge agricultural project
But it was killed by the Fayemi's government
But who could have done it if he had secured a second term
For I met him in the company of Remi Oladoye
In his office in Ado Ekiti
After the inauguration of Ikogosi Warm Resort
He promised to continue the Airport project of my boss
And when the present Governor brought the idea
Which I supported with full strength
Despite my political difference with him
I  know it is a good one
For Ekiti state  and he will not take it along after his four years
Like the Governor's House in Oke Ayoba built by Fayemi
But we  killed it because of politics, personal hatred, perception about the viability and other erroneous reasons
That is how we have killed many programmes, schemes and projects
On the alter of personal animosity, political hatred, unreasonable sentiment, sheer opposition not thinking about the future of Ekiti
Malaysia is a country of 25 million
It has only 62 airports servicing special area of needs
I am not happy but sad
That with the enormous agricultural potentialities in Ekiti
With the preponderance of tourism assets
we cannot see the reasons
Why we should have an Airport in Ekiti
That there is an Aiport in Akure makes no meaning to me
Akure may not need the Airport
They have oil which brings the state fund
So they don't need it for a purpose
But Ekiti need it for a purpose!
If Governor Fayose's government has been hamstrung
from constructing an Airport
I would have done it if I could
But I will support any individual
Who can do this
Who can and will make me happy
For   Ekiti deserves Airport
No matter what
And Baba Afe to the rescue

9 comments:

  1. This is one of the best articles I have ever read. Ekiti deserve to have an airport. It will definitely promote more value to our state. More investors will troup into Ekiti. The fountain of knowledge will lead and teach other state what culture and enterpreneur is all about. I know maintenance will not be a problem because, if we are good in hospitality, why won't we maintain what we have. Ekiti kete....let us join hands and promote what we have. God bless Ekiti, God bless our governor, God bless wale Ojo for the good work he is doing. God bless me and God bless all of us. Ekiti agbe haaa ooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wale Ojo Lanre, this is not from you but the one who lives in you- (Holy spirit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feat. May the vision be actualized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feat. May the vision be actualized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feat. May the vision be actualized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feat. May the vision be actualized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one, let ekiti arise and move it,we shall reap the dividends, but let all hands be on Deck for improvement,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Words creatively moulded by an experienced traveller and word Smith who promote community development. Keep it up Egbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Use ya omo ekiti use ya let all our elder reason together,thks for wale well done aburo

    ReplyDelete