Sunday 4 September 2016

Why I will vote for Eyitayo Jegede - Richard Akinnola

ONDO GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION: I HAVE DECIDED
Congratulations my friend and brother, Aketi for clinching the APC governorship ticket. You have the credentials and capable to be our Governor. Congratulations Dr Olu Agunloye for clinching the SDP governorship ticket. You are equally a good man and capable to govern our State.
I have however, decided to endorse EYITAYO JEGEDE (SAN), the PDP candidate. First, let me state that this choice has nothing to do with political parties, because they are all the same. I am 100% Buharist but not a member of APC. And on this our State's governorship election, l am 100% with Eyitayo, though not a member of PDP by any stretch of imagination.
I know Eyitayo. He is like my younger brother. He was my junior at Acquinas college, Akure. Ever since, Tayo has not changed. He is urbane, humble, simple, honest, disciplined, hard working and highly intelligent. I believe so much in his ability to run our State. I have followed his career over the years, since he set up a thriving law practice at Adamawa state, where he became the two-time NBA Chairman of Adamawa branch and later became a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), before he was appointed the Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice of Ondo state.
Interestingly, Aketi too who is an SAN, was also once an Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice in Ondo state.
From 1976 when Group Captain Ita David Ikpeme became the first Governor of Ondo State, till now, no Akure indigene has ever been a Governor. Apart from the fact that Tayo is from Akure, (which by the way, has the largest voting population, though Aketi disputes this, saying Akure people are in minority in Akure), l have an emotional attachment to Akure.
I was born and bread in Akure. I schooled in Akure. My late father, Chief Olukayode Akinnola, was the Odole of Akure.
It would, therefore, be my wish to have an Akure indigene be the Governor of my state. Equity demands it and Tayo fits the bill. There had been Ajasin, Adefarati, Agagu and Mimiko from different parts of the State and it would only be fair if an Akure person also have a taste of Alagbaka. I am being practical here and echoing the sentiments of many Ondo state people. I know the pro-APC people may want to pooh-pooh this sentiment, the reality would be made manifest in November. Trust me, this election would not be decided solely on party affiliation but on other sentiments.
Let me pause here.
ON EYITAYO JEGEDE I STAND.

No comments:

Post a Comment