Tuesday 23 August 2016

What Ooni's visit to Badagry cost me ! by Wale Ojo Lanre

What Ooni's visit to Badagry cost me ! by Wale Ojo Lanre
God bless Chief ( Mrs) Olubunmi Adesanya @ 70 
! All for tourism development 
At work with Ooni of Ife, HIM , Oba Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde , Ojaja II in Badagry on Sunday 21 August 2016 ! 
I was supposed to be at the venue of the 70th Birthday of my mummy , Chief Mrs Bunmi Adesanya, Iya Oge of Ido - Osi and Yeye Asewa of Ibadan land yesterday Sunday 21 August 2016.An event which I had participated actively in its packaging
Having been in Badagry since Friday 19 August on an assignment from the office to feel the expectation of the people here on the new Badagry tourism initiative being sold by Governor Ambode and the Federal Government , , we had set out at 6 am with the hope of hitting Ibadan by 9 am considering the fact that it was a Sunday morning and the traffic will be at the low level in Lagos
As I drove out of the Star Rise Hotel , Apa Farm ,enroute Ibadan , a call blasted through my handset .
"It is the Ooni Chief Media Director , Moses Olafare ," Remi Oladoye , Editor , Alarinkaagbaye , who was with me in the tourism adventure to Badagry informed
Realising that Olafere will not just called at the time unless there is an important message from the Palace, and in obeisance of the traffic code as espounded by the FRSC , I pulled the car out of the road and engaged Olafare
" The Ooni Ojaja send greetings . The Ooni will be visiting Badagry today Sunday 21 2016 and I have monitored the Arinka adventurism and my radar has located you in Badagry . We hope to meet you there ."
He went on to reveal the programme of the day ,,,Palace of Holu Menutoyi , the Slave Trade Museum , first Story Building in Nigeria and the Slave Point of No Return .
No one needs to tell me it was a message from the Ooni of Ife .
We were confused .. What do we do . The Ooni . has called for your attention and there is a social party for a mother .
Remi advised that I should put a call through to Iya Oge , Chief Mrs Olubunmi Adesanya , mother of Femi Adesanya , to inform him of the situation .
I tarried a while . Thinking of what do I say and how will this wonderful mother react to this development that I will not be at the venue of her 70th birthday ceremony .
Breaking the block of timidity , i pulled a call to Mama at 6: 23 am .
I embarked on a long prayer for her and she too prayed for long life for me , after which I informed Mama of the latest development about my itinerary
It is not just a joke that God emphasise 70 years in the Bible .
Attaining 70 years is not for the fun of it for it comes with wisdom that cannot be quantified
Mama said ' Wale , I have perceived there was something you were hitting at as you commenced the long prayer for me . I can feel you . Okun ,( greeting in Ekiti dialect ) . God will honour you . I thank you so much for your love . Okun . Look , Ooni is the father of all . In Yoruba land , you give respect and priority to who is due and the elders not to talk of Oonirisa , our father , requires your attention .. It is non negotiable . Have you forgotten the Yoruba adage ,, that Oba ran e nise , o ndifa ,ti ifa ba fore , the Oba o ba fore nko No . By the grace of God , I will celebrate many 80 years on Earth . You will be alive .in good health and prosperity . the Ooni's visit to Badagry is not only historical , epochal, timely and rare , but he , the Royal majesty may not have the time to visit again . It is also a God given opportunity for you being a foremost tourism reporter in Nigeria to witness this once in a life time visit and be part and recorder of history which I will not let my celebration of birthday rubbed off you . . Okun, Wale , . kindly enjoy a rare opportunity and privilege touring Badagry with Ojaja . In as much as I would have wish you beside me at my 70th birthday celebration I cannot and should not be selfish to allow my old age satisfaction depraving you of something that will be useful to you in the future . My warmest regard to Ooni, Ojaja II , the peace loving excellence and one of the wisest Monarchs of our time . Kabiyesiiiiiiioooooo"
And I heaved a sigh of relieve .......
God bless and more years on earth for Chief ( Mrs) Olubunmi Adesanya , Asewa of Ibadan land
Long Live ,Ooni Ojaja II

No comments:

Post a Comment