Wednesday 8 June 2016

Nigerians help me ! Before UBA turned me to a destitute in Istanbul , by wale Ojo Lanre



Nigerians help me !
Before UBA turned me to a destitute in Istanbul ,
No access to my Mastercard after their assurance !
It is by the grace of my facebook account that the receptionists here allowed me to hibernate and keep a night here at the lobby of Grand Star Hotel ,Istanbul , a four star hotel in Istanbul where I had zeroed my mind to have a good sleep to cap up my heavenly experience aboard the majestic and most luxurious cruise ship ever built in the word called Harmony of the Seas inaugurated in Barcelona , Spain on Sunday
.However , UBA has not only humiliated my personality but also is turning my lovely story to a woeful tale .
This picture was not taken by me but by someone who turned my predicament to exciting and mocking spree about a Nigerian
This bank has engraved a harrowing psychological trauma in my brain and punctured my dignity beyond redemption
See me sleeping in a lobby of a hotel in a foreign country as if I am an asylum seeker or a purposeless wanderer .
Honestly , I don't know what led to this .
I am a UBA fan ,as some of my family had worked and a few are still working in UBA
It was in UBA that my late Uncle , Femi Oyeobu gloriously worked for many years before moving to First Interstate Merchant Bank .
So I am very loyal and dedicated to UBA to the extent that I had no other bank account anywhere in the world .
And I have also encouraged my children to open an account each in UBA this is just to tell how much I love UBA and my commitment to the bank like the way I am loyal to MTN .
Throughout my traversing job all over the world , my UBA card failed me once . It was 2 years ago when I travelled to Jordan and used the card after shopping for the whole family and it refused to act , telling me "you have no authority for this act ".
I immediately pulled a call to the business manager of a branch in Ibadan , who profusely apologised and told me that I should have informed the Bank while travelling out .
He directed me to call a number which I did and nobody picked
Thus my tour guard guaranteed my paying which I did after I had instructed Remi in Nigeria to payment certain sum to my Visa card which i used afterwards .
And for my subsequent travellings in the last 2 years , I used this same Mastercard without any disappointment
Thus I believed so much that with UBA Mastercard I could not have any problem with financial transaction on tour outside Nigeria
am safe
However , before I flagged off this trip , I consulted the Business Manager of a branch of the UBA Ibadan who advised and instructed that I should sent a mail to a particular address which I did twicw notifying the bank of my tour of Europe .
When i got to Barcelona airport enroute to the Port , I made attempt to withdraw only 50 Euro which I did successfully on the account however , I was shocked a few minutes later when I tried to withdraw some money and I was told by the machine that "you have no authority".."
immediately I made another SOS call to the Business Manger who made contact with the head office about the case and he was assured that I should proceed to Istanbul where I would be able to use my card.
Paying for the Turkey Visa at the entry was a big problem because contrary to the assurance given to me by UBA , the card was not honoured ,but an Egyptian volunteered to use his card for my payment ,which he did and which I paid back by changing the few Rand in my pocket ..
Fortunately for me , he too was going to Grand Star hotel and we boarded a taxi which he paid .
At the hotel ,the guy paid with his card while there is no way i can guarantee my payment
i pressurised the receptionist , who though sympathized with me but expressed that he could not help as my story did not match or pointed out how I would be able to offset my bill if my UBA Mastercard can not dispense
But he agreed that I can stay in the Lobby till dawn
This is why a passer by took this picture for ridiculing purposes and has the temerity to tap and wake me up to see "my life "in Istanbul
But i did not blame him . I blame the UBA for this
This is my predicament now ......

1 comment: