Thursday 9 June 2016

UBA again ! You must read this by Wale ojo lanre

UBA again!
UBA's Robust sense of RESPONSIBILITY !
.
First of all , I have to specially appreciate the thousand of my friend and well wishers who empathized with me during my predicament over the issue of the failure of my UBA MasterCard which refused to lure money out of the ATM and woulf have turned me into an asylum seeker or a destitute in a foreign land .
I think it is not only commonsensical or sensible for me to , with the same agility and energy with which I presented the issue and sent SOS to the public should also tell the world how the issued was handled promptly by the the management of UBA.
In fact , if all other banks and public service institution could borrow a leaf from UBA's management and act swiftly and timely , there would be sanity in the corporate institutions - customers'service terrain .
The duo of Nasir Ramon Olanrewaju and Lanre Badejo who did not only sent text messages but called personally after reading the SOS is indicative of the fact that UBA's public relations strategy and response rate to service related issues has assumed a more sophisticated , proactive, pro - customers and enchanting dimension which if sustained , enhanced and lubricated thoroughly well will be beneficial to the bank and nourished the relationship between it and its ever loyal customers
The issues involved are (A ) Why my UBA Mastercard card refused to work in Spain and entry point in Istanbul ?
( B) Whether or not there is a limit to which a holder of a card can withdraw ?
C Whether or not UBA Mastercard can be used to offset purchases via POS ?
In dealing with the issues , these refined officers made it known that ,UBA Mastercard is programmed to work any where in the world , Although some countries have other specific programming and configuration of their POS to detect a particular thing other than the global reference code . This may have affected my card not working win some POS in Spain .
The bank officials apologised for this
The bank explained that my subsequent attempt to withdraw after the initial withdrawal of an equivalent of 100 dollars in Spain was rebuffed because of the ceiling of cash one can withdrawal via ATM outside Nigeria with naira funded credit card by Nigerians outside the country
I was told that the policy of our government concerning this is 100 dollar per day !
Thus , for my stay , I am only entitled to 100 dollars per day . that is the government directive and there is nothing UBA can do to that policy .
But my bank should have informed all their customers because i was hearing this policy for the first time and by the fact that i have sent two email messages to the bank signifying and noticing them of my intention to tour Europe , the bank was in a situation to brief me about the policies of the government on how much one can withdraw.
Thus , I was told that there was nothing with the MasterCard and that .UBA has no reason to put a stop to the use of my card for any transaction .
I was assured that the card will work perfectly well in any of the POS being in operation in iIo ido - Osi local Government Area "
It has not failed me .
All said and done , many lessons have been learnt from this incident by all of us . .
kudos to all to the Management of UBA for being proacive , sensible , reasnable .
Bravo to every person who empathised with me
me
It is a lesson of all !

No comments:

Post a Comment